Saturday, January 10, 2009

Royal Titles

Literally, this time. My title suggestions for my second work of historical nonfiction were sent to my editor this past Monday.

For those of you who are curious about how the wild and wacky world of publishing works, my suggestions--or at least the one my editor liked best--must be vetted by a number of her colleagues, including those in the sales and marketing forces. They want to be sure that any book title is "grabby" enough for bookstores to want to place hefty orders.

So, at the moment anyway, the title of my next work of nonfiction may very well be . . .
(drum roll) . . .
NOTORIOUS ROYAL MARRIAGES: A Juicy Journey Through Nine Centuries of Dynasty, Destiny, and Desire.

This title is meant to suggest that it's a great companion book to my maiden work of nonfiction, ROYAL AFFAIRS: A Lusty Romp Through the Extramarital Adventures That Rocked the British Monarchy.


I'm hoping they select a "companionable" cover image as well. Here's the one they chose for ROYAL AFFAIRS.

And here's the one I hope they choose for NOTORIOUS ROYAL MARRIAGES:



What do you think?


Happy New Year to all! May '09 be fine!

No comments: